COVID-19 Resource Central
We’ve partnered with our friends at Velaku to provide a wealth of resources relating to
employee communications in the “New Normal” of COVID-19.
WEBINAR SERIES: EMPLOYEE COMMUNICATIONS IN THE NEW NORMAL
This series of webinar panels began in March 2020 as a one-off attempt to bring great minds in employee communications together to help our professional peers make their way through an unprecedented crisis. The outpouring of feedback and gratitude from the community led to an ongoing series of webinars, which covers:
- Critical early lessons and adjustments,
- Missteps and insights,
- Insider info on how the field of employee communications is forever changed.
The real-life examples and stories and abundant actionable ideas from executives at some of the world’s leading companies will feed your communication planning for years to come. Consider this your crowd-sourced best practices in employee communications in the Next Normal!
WHAT YOU WILL HEAR
- Senior executives from globally recognized companies like IBM, PepsiCo, Wells Fargo, and The Mayo Clinic
- Real-life examples that you can implement immediately, along with critical mistakes to avoid
- Mind-blowing ideas to inspire you and your team, and keep your thinking fresh and relevant
Three senior employee communicators from Wells Fargo, Northwestern Mutual and Novartis Pharmaceuticals talk about:
- creating a single source of truth – what it means and how they did it;
- how their teams are adjusting to a new unrelenting pace and focus;
- and what it means for our function to truly be front and center.
Senior executives from PepsiCo, KONE Americas and Porter Novelli talk about:
- how to communicate about a global pandemic when your employee base is split between those who can work at home and those who cannot;
- a new emphasis on acknowledging employees’ realities and contributions and
- insights about how to keep up an accelerated pace of work.
Senior executives from IBM, Mastercard and Ball Corporation talk about:
- the central role of vision and values in employee comms – especially now,
- share what it’s like to onboard a new CEO in the middle of a global pandemic,
- and their approach to balancing messages for audiences split between work from home (WFH) and work on site.
Top executives from Vineyard Vines, Mayo Clinic and Meet Up share how corporate values translate into employment / furlough practices, discuss managing expectations and what may seem like mixed messages, and explore how agile thinking is shaping the new age of employee communications.
Senior communicators from IBM, Wells Fargo and KONE Americas return to share how their approach to communications amid the COVID environment has evolved – what they let go of and what they’re holding onto, and reveal early missteps and lessons learned from bringing social unrest into the corporate dialogue.
Senior communicators from The Mayo Clinic and The Hartford reveal how agile planning and implementation is here to stay and tips for negotiating with and managing critical stakeholder relationships in a new world, including the CFO!
Senior communicators from Bristol Myers-Squibb and Stanley Black & Decker talk about the trends in reshaping the workforce of the future that COVID has accelerated, as well as actionable steps to enable employees to take the time off they so desperately need.