A Fortune 250 HR management software and services company shifted its Finance function to a centers of excellence model in order to deliver a uniform customer experience
Build and shape a global finance organization to more efficiently and effectively meet customers’ needs through formation of centers of excellence that simplify systems, process and tools while reducing cost-to-serve.
The objective was to improve the delivery of essential information delivered by three functions containing 80 percent of finance employees: general accounting/accounts payable, quote to cash, and financial planning and analysis. At the same time, there was a goal to reduce the overall annual operating plan budget by $8 million to $14 million through standardization on a global basis.
Specific services provided
- Leader communication to set direction and actively guide the process across all three functions and to actively communicate with employees
- Communication and implementation to focus on face-to-face delivery of key messages by leaders with tip sheets and frequently asked questions documents, followed by written communication across the organization to deliver consistency and focus ongoing conversation
- Assessment of feedback at key milestones to be responsive to employee questions and concerns while ensuring customers’ needs were met
- Shifted the organization model to one with a series of centers of excellence
- Delivered a uniform customer experience through standardization of processes and methodologies and better service during peak periods
- Utilized feedback to ensure a consistent explanation of why the change was occurring across the entire organization